Shame
...is an unhappy emotion invented by pietists in order to exploit the human race.
A quote from Victor Victoria which I just finished watching. I knew it was a gay movie but I thought it was in the Victorian sense. Had no idea it was gay in the Gay sense. Delightful. Very quippy. Now I want to see it on stage.
Let's see, to catch up on my life at the moment, I am in a show at the Hollywood Fight Club Theatre, well two shows technically. The actor's Nightmare and Sister Mary Ignatius explains it all for you. Both fun shows, and I love Durang so that was guaranteed. I actually bought the plays before I auditioned to be familiar with them and then when I didn't get called at first I read them a few times, and then they called and asked me to join the cast. The guy I was replacing got a paid gig in San Diego or something. So good for him and for me.
I asked for a raise at GG, we'll see if I get it, apparently it's going to be decided July 1st. I got the impression that both whether I get the raise and whether I continue with GG will be decided. I'm a little uneasy about that. Life is pretty good, pretty similar to how it was.
I love that my life has reached a point where part of my day's required errands for work include going to Tiffany's on Rodeo Drive. It makes me stop and wonder how on earth I came to be here. It was my second trip there so I was more accustomed to it when I went in. The first interaction last Friday when I went in was very "Pretty Woman" And not in the good way. The woman was talking to me like I was slow. It was very annoying. It really made me want to go back today and just go up to her and say, "big mistake, HUGE!" Bitch. I think she thought I stole the key chain I was getting fixed for Gary.
I finally have my headshots printed and they are fabulous, I distributed them at the Fox lot last Friday, That was fun except for the part where I had to interact with the one assistant I didn't like and who didn't like me. Grin and bear it I suppose. Play the game for as long as you have to so you can write your own rules.
I guess that's it for tonight, it's not much but it is a brief catch up, I swear not much else has happened. (shocking as that may be) }:-)>
A quote from Victor Victoria which I just finished watching. I knew it was a gay movie but I thought it was in the Victorian sense. Had no idea it was gay in the Gay sense. Delightful. Very quippy. Now I want to see it on stage.
Let's see, to catch up on my life at the moment, I am in a show at the Hollywood Fight Club Theatre, well two shows technically. The actor's Nightmare and Sister Mary Ignatius explains it all for you. Both fun shows, and I love Durang so that was guaranteed. I actually bought the plays before I auditioned to be familiar with them and then when I didn't get called at first I read them a few times, and then they called and asked me to join the cast. The guy I was replacing got a paid gig in San Diego or something. So good for him and for me.
I asked for a raise at GG, we'll see if I get it, apparently it's going to be decided July 1st. I got the impression that both whether I get the raise and whether I continue with GG will be decided. I'm a little uneasy about that. Life is pretty good, pretty similar to how it was.
I love that my life has reached a point where part of my day's required errands for work include going to Tiffany's on Rodeo Drive. It makes me stop and wonder how on earth I came to be here. It was my second trip there so I was more accustomed to it when I went in. The first interaction last Friday when I went in was very "Pretty Woman" And not in the good way. The woman was talking to me like I was slow. It was very annoying. It really made me want to go back today and just go up to her and say, "big mistake, HUGE!" Bitch. I think she thought I stole the key chain I was getting fixed for Gary.
I finally have my headshots printed and they are fabulous, I distributed them at the Fox lot last Friday, That was fun except for the part where I had to interact with the one assistant I didn't like and who didn't like me. Grin and bear it I suppose. Play the game for as long as you have to so you can write your own rules.
I guess that's it for tonight, it's not much but it is a brief catch up, I swear not much else has happened. (shocking as that may be) }:-)>

1 Comments:
I adore Christopher Durang, and wish I lived in LA so I could see your shows. I hope they go off without a hitch!
Post a Comment
<< Home