Snippets
-Today I saw a man in blue short shorts with really badly colored hair approached (read chased) by a 99 cent store employee for apparently failing to pay.
-The dryer failed to do it's job and so my floor is now scattered with underwear and socks like some weird frat boy mosaic. My jeans are hanging in my bathroom possibly never to dry again.
-Today at work Mark said, "done like turducken," which I have only ever heard one other person in my life mention. Chris O and the turducken song. I happened to have it on my ipod, played it for them, and now Mark thinks I'm weirder than he did before.
-Walking out of work later than usual (again) I noticed the remnants of the sunset and couldn't help but appreciate the spectacular sunsets we've been having. Undoubtedly due to the wildfires. Silver lining you know?
-Vanessa got hit on by a guy at the grocery store. Again. She thinks it's because he's foreign and doesn't get the whole baby dyke chique she has going on. She did look HOT today, in a very Vanessa way. Maybe he just likes 12 year old boys with huge racks.
-Got a parking space RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING. Bought a handle of Tanqueray to celebrate.
-Driving home today I had the window down and the music going and at the curve in sixth street I smelled this amazing, summery, flowers and grass, almost lilac smell. It lasted most of the ride home. Made me miss the lilacs back at our house. Every spring the whole house would smell like lilacs while the bushes surrounding it were in bloom and we had freshcut flowers on the table that my mom would bring in.
"I saw
the ones I left behind me
in a lullaby town
with the sun in their eyes
and I knew
I had to make it out of there sometime
and now I'm awake
in the city of the future
we gather on the platform
with hope in our eyes
and I know why I came here
and it's good, it's good..."
-The dryer failed to do it's job and so my floor is now scattered with underwear and socks like some weird frat boy mosaic. My jeans are hanging in my bathroom possibly never to dry again.
-Today at work Mark said, "done like turducken," which I have only ever heard one other person in my life mention. Chris O and the turducken song. I happened to have it on my ipod, played it for them, and now Mark thinks I'm weirder than he did before.
-Walking out of work later than usual (again) I noticed the remnants of the sunset and couldn't help but appreciate the spectacular sunsets we've been having. Undoubtedly due to the wildfires. Silver lining you know?
-Vanessa got hit on by a guy at the grocery store. Again. She thinks it's because he's foreign and doesn't get the whole baby dyke chique she has going on. She did look HOT today, in a very Vanessa way. Maybe he just likes 12 year old boys with huge racks.
-Got a parking space RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BUILDING. Bought a handle of Tanqueray to celebrate.
-Driving home today I had the window down and the music going and at the curve in sixth street I smelled this amazing, summery, flowers and grass, almost lilac smell. It lasted most of the ride home. Made me miss the lilacs back at our house. Every spring the whole house would smell like lilacs while the bushes surrounding it were in bloom and we had freshcut flowers on the table that my mom would bring in.
"I saw
the ones I left behind me
in a lullaby town
with the sun in their eyes
and I knew
I had to make it out of there sometime
and now I'm awake
in the city of the future
we gather on the platform
with hope in our eyes
and I know why I came here
and it's good, it's good..."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home