Sunday, June 25, 2006

PTSD

So last night I was mugged. Two guys stopped me two doors down and took my wallet and cell phone. No I didn't see a weapon. I wasn't in a mood to find out if they had one at that particular moment. They fucking suck. Though, there was no cash in the wallet and the phone doesn't work on its own without the headset, so basically the jackasses got a wallet full of (now cancelled) credit cards, my license, and a broken cell phone that is now disconnected. Also they didn't take my bag, which had my ipod in it. Whatever. It sucked and it really upset me, I mean, it happened ON MY STREET two doors down from where I live. It totally threw me. I spent today getting my old damaged cell activated again and then at the show, which is going well...though today's audience was almost completely silent. Not great when you're doing comedy. Then I went and played mah jong at Joanna and Christine's. That was fun. When I got back here I drove around a lot, and I just kept seeing guys that were dressed just like the guys that mugged me last night. Then I saw that the space I parked in last night was open. And I parked there. And I walked back to my apartment the exact same route. There was a group of guys across the street. I didn't get mugged again, and made it safely back to the apt, but it was a scary walk. Being victimized in my own neighborhood on my street isn't something I'm willing to let cripple me with anxiety but it definitely leaves me feeling violated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home