Saturday, March 06, 2010

I am terrible at keeping this up to date. Fucking Men wrapped up 2 weeks ago and now Haram Iran has taken the Celebration Stage. I saw it last night and was impressed. I know that I will love anything Michael directs but this was more thought provoking than his previous works. I admit it may have been because I was familiar with the true story and also that I spent 7 weeks in the rehearsal room with their prep materials which included photos of the boys being hung and their bodies left hanging in public, but I was crying pretty early in the second act. Tamer and Andy both do a beautiful job, Tamer who bears the burden of carrying the show, brings a remarkable subtlty and honest to his role. The entire show was remarkable and I really pray that people see it because as Jason said it is one of the most relevant and significant plays Celebration has done.

The crushes have balanced out as they do, and as ever I'm rolling with the punches. I also have a crush on the Progressive insurance lady. Just sayin.

For the first time since last June I am not rehearsing or performing anything. I admit there was a blinding panic the final weekend of Fucking Men, a fear that I would go stir crazy in the new free time I would have. I have not found the time boring at all, in fact I haven't had time to notice it yet. I'm just working at TJs and the theatre and prepping for New Zealand with Beth, which I am ridiculously excited about. I've been seeing theatre and generally enjoying the break, it's been great. Tomorrow I'm having some people over for the Oscars, Jason's in London and as such is unable to throw his usual Oscar party. I also work at 5 am so I'm going to crash now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home