Friday, August 22, 2008

Here I sit.

So. It's been quite a while. I just got in from having a late night snack with the cast at Piper's. Reader's Digest version of the last few months...Jason got the house, and that is now where I live. I have 3 jobs at present, possibly soon to be four. I am independent contracting for two of them (ugh) and finally got work at a bookstore. I am in Sissystrata at Celebration, which I am excited about for many reasons. The two preview audiences we have had have been very responsive and seem to really enjoy the show which is wonderful. It's a super fun campy, over the top all male adaption of Lysistrata. The cast is great, and I am thrilled to have been able to work with Michael M on this. I'm auditioning for the next show at the theatre as well, which is a little daunting because we open Sissy tomorrow night and auditions for Porcelain are on Monday the 25th (my birthday!) and I would essentially be at the theatre 7 days a week between performances and rehearsals. But the play is fantastic, so at the risk of a colossal crash at Christmas, I'm going to audition. Hey, maybe I won't get cast, but if I audition I can't wonder what if?

Speaking of my birthday, there is a huge shindig happening on the 30th at Formosa Cafe. Myself and the beautiful Joey H have the same birthday and seeing how our circles of friends overlap we figured we'd do a joint party. Michael M and Kelly took over the planning and apparently we have the back bar at Formosa reserved. If you're reading this and know me and didn't get an invite I am sorry, you're invited! I only sent invites out on Facebook, but I am trying to call people. I figured Formosa was a good spot because I have my show that night a block away and Formosa isn't a gay bar so my friends who bitch about getting dragged to Weho will be appeased, but let's be real, it's gonna be chock full of homos so I'll be happy. I am, as ever, currently interested in a boy that I have the strong impression does not share the feelings. (tiny violin... and we're done)

What else...Beth came to visit on her way back from China. She was here 4th of July Weekend, that was a lot of fun and I loved having her here as always, Mom and Da came out in early August and we likewise had a great time. It's nice because now that they've all really seen everything already there's no pressure to get out and do things, it's a very relaxed nice time and we just do everyday fun stuff. And they've seen the house!

They all saw both the mainstage and Late night shows at Celebration, though I didn't sit with Mom and Da for the Late Night...a little too risque for me to enjoy in their company, but they loved it and thought it was hilarious. They're so open to types of theatre and of course they've seen Beth and I do some weird theatre which I think helps them process. I need to crash now seeing how tomorrow is opening night and I will likely be heading to the valley again tomorrow to sit by John Michael's pool after working in the morning. Oi.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

How do the show go???

Happy birthday!

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home