Wait, how'd I miss '09?
Holy crap, I didn't realize that I hadn't updated since 08, inexcusable really though 09 was a crazy year and to be honest I suspect that even Efrain may have lost interest in this blog by now.
09 in a nutshell: I started working at Trader Joe's and at USC, I appeared off Broadway in Top Bottom, one of the best received shows of NYC Fringe, I understudied in the US premiere of "Fucking Men" and have since joined the cast which is also my first production being naked on stage. I was in the most recent incarnation of Jason Moyer's Christmas Carol now titled "Gay Apparel: A Christmas Carol." I was essentially rehearsing for or performing in one show or another from June through right now. Not bad.
Went to the Ovation Awards last night, and I have to admit I don't really like the whole idea of theatre as competition but it was really nice to see that there is an LA theatre community, and that somehow I have become a part of it. It really did feel like I was back in a high school auditorium for the High School Drama Guild awards, and that's a very good thing, because even if you are a little dissappointed that you or your friends didn't win, you also have to see that there is an amazing group of people putting up a ton of great work. Congrats to everyone who was nominated, and the winners. Can't wait to see you there next year.
I had planned to write about something else entirely in this entry, but it hardly seems to fit the theme, so maybe later today I'll get back and discuss less lofty artistic endeavors.
09 in a nutshell: I started working at Trader Joe's and at USC, I appeared off Broadway in Top Bottom, one of the best received shows of NYC Fringe, I understudied in the US premiere of "Fucking Men" and have since joined the cast which is also my first production being naked on stage. I was in the most recent incarnation of Jason Moyer's Christmas Carol now titled "Gay Apparel: A Christmas Carol." I was essentially rehearsing for or performing in one show or another from June through right now. Not bad.
Went to the Ovation Awards last night, and I have to admit I don't really like the whole idea of theatre as competition but it was really nice to see that there is an LA theatre community, and that somehow I have become a part of it. It really did feel like I was back in a high school auditorium for the High School Drama Guild awards, and that's a very good thing, because even if you are a little dissappointed that you or your friends didn't win, you also have to see that there is an amazing group of people putting up a ton of great work. Congrats to everyone who was nominated, and the winners. Can't wait to see you there next year.
I had planned to write about something else entirely in this entry, but it hardly seems to fit the theme, so maybe later today I'll get back and discuss less lofty artistic endeavors.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home