Lifeslide.
So, I've been rereading "The Complete Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and there is a section where Artur Dent is suddenly caught in a landslide. When the usually very solid and reliable ground on which he is standing suddenly starts to move and shift in a way that land is definitely not supposed to.
That's my life right now. Here's what's happened in the last 48 hours.
-V applied for a studio apt, which she got, and will be moving into in the next couple of weeks because she's going to be in Wheeling at the end of the month. She would be taking the fridge with her.
-The inspection on the house happens tomorrow. So I will know hopefully by Friday if I am in fact moving and when.
-GG is letting me go as of May 15th.
-So if the house doesn't fall through, which it very well could, I need to find a new job or two that will be flexible and pay me enough to pay $275 more a month in rent, plus student loans, food, gas, credit cards, insurance, and is flexible enough to let me do theatre and auditions.
-If the house does fall through, Mark will be moving in with me and I will need a new fridge.
I am so stressed out right now that I can't even begin to put it into words. In a little over a month everything in my life will have changed. My entire life slid out from under me. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I mean, I'm scared shitless, and yes this does appear to be the universe's way of giving me a kick in the ass, but until Friday my life is totally up in the air. Yes, I suppose it always is, but now it's a little higher than usual.
In that same section of Hitchhiker's Guide, as the mountain is sliding away under Arthur, he trips and falls but before he hits the ground he is startled to see a bag he lost years prior, on another planet, inexplicably sitting in among the rolling boulders. He is so startled that he forgets to continue falling and thus my favorite quote of all time:
"Flying is easy, all you have to do is throw yourself at the ground and miss."
That's my life right now. Here's what's happened in the last 48 hours.
-V applied for a studio apt, which she got, and will be moving into in the next couple of weeks because she's going to be in Wheeling at the end of the month. She would be taking the fridge with her.
-The inspection on the house happens tomorrow. So I will know hopefully by Friday if I am in fact moving and when.
-GG is letting me go as of May 15th.
-So if the house doesn't fall through, which it very well could, I need to find a new job or two that will be flexible and pay me enough to pay $275 more a month in rent, plus student loans, food, gas, credit cards, insurance, and is flexible enough to let me do theatre and auditions.
-If the house does fall through, Mark will be moving in with me and I will need a new fridge.
I am so stressed out right now that I can't even begin to put it into words. In a little over a month everything in my life will have changed. My entire life slid out from under me. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I mean, I'm scared shitless, and yes this does appear to be the universe's way of giving me a kick in the ass, but until Friday my life is totally up in the air. Yes, I suppose it always is, but now it's a little higher than usual.
In that same section of Hitchhiker's Guide, as the mountain is sliding away under Arthur, he trips and falls but before he hits the ground he is startled to see a bag he lost years prior, on another planet, inexplicably sitting in among the rolling boulders. He is so startled that he forgets to continue falling and thus my favorite quote of all time:
"Flying is easy, all you have to do is throw yourself at the ground and miss."

1 Comments:
I'm here if you need anything! I love you lots!
Post a Comment
<< Home