Odd...
One of my resolutions for 2010 is to be more open to people and potential relationships. I've long had factors that impacted my dating decisions, including how long someone has been out, age, stuff like that, I'm trying to be more open and see what the universe tosses across my path since the universe and I have had a rather cantankerous relationship and I thought playing nice might yield some better results. I'm not lowering standards or anything, I'm just trying to take off the blinders and see what's out there.
At the moment I have 2 significant crushes, I know I know, I'm a 27 year old man not a 13 year old girl but whatever, shit happens. Both began as my standard fare, unlikely to pan out for a myriad of reasons, and there I sat on my safe little haunches with harmless crushes to entertain me and no danger of actual emotional involvement. Then all of a sudden, in an entirely uncharacteristic move by the universe, I find that not one but BOTH of them have suddenly and abruptly changed trajectory and swung into very real potential range. At the very least they no longer seem remote. There are still several very real reasons to be wary and indeed steer clear altogether, but let's be real, I developed crushes on them for a reason and rational conversation rarely holds up against hormones and attrraction. I consider them opposite ends of the crush spectrum, very very different in pretty much every way, but both did 180's in the same week. The first giving me a stomach dropping swoop of terrifying joy at what I am interpreting as an invite on a date. The second, which I had previously thought to be a passing crush without any emotional impact, just some fun fluff to distract me, caused a very unexpected twisting pang in my gut. Both were jarring moments, happening within days of each other, and made me realize that wherever they wind up I am emotionally invested in them. Damn it.
What are you supposed to do when stuff like this suddenly starts going RIGHT? I'm nervous, no, terrified. I've decided to approach this the way you're supposed to approach a car accident, go limp and get thrown wherever because tensing up and trying to resist will only get you hurt more.
At the moment I have 2 significant crushes, I know I know, I'm a 27 year old man not a 13 year old girl but whatever, shit happens. Both began as my standard fare, unlikely to pan out for a myriad of reasons, and there I sat on my safe little haunches with harmless crushes to entertain me and no danger of actual emotional involvement. Then all of a sudden, in an entirely uncharacteristic move by the universe, I find that not one but BOTH of them have suddenly and abruptly changed trajectory and swung into very real potential range. At the very least they no longer seem remote. There are still several very real reasons to be wary and indeed steer clear altogether, but let's be real, I developed crushes on them for a reason and rational conversation rarely holds up against hormones and attrraction. I consider them opposite ends of the crush spectrum, very very different in pretty much every way, but both did 180's in the same week. The first giving me a stomach dropping swoop of terrifying joy at what I am interpreting as an invite on a date. The second, which I had previously thought to be a passing crush without any emotional impact, just some fun fluff to distract me, caused a very unexpected twisting pang in my gut. Both were jarring moments, happening within days of each other, and made me realize that wherever they wind up I am emotionally invested in them. Damn it.
What are you supposed to do when stuff like this suddenly starts going RIGHT? I'm nervous, no, terrified. I've decided to approach this the way you're supposed to approach a car accident, go limp and get thrown wherever because tensing up and trying to resist will only get you hurt more.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home