Saturday, April 05, 2008

A day out with the girls.

Well, really just me and Kelly S but it was lovely all the same.

I am going totally stir crazy in my own skin. I have become intensely frustrated with my apparent complete inability to deal with other people's bullshit. I am utterly bewildered by people who are not straight forward about life. I am tired of the guesswork. Rumor and speculation are nothing upon which to form a solid understanding of someone but an astonishing number of people leave no alternative.

Additionally people seem unable to understand adult relationships. If I tell someone I like them and might be interested in seeing them one on one, I am not going to be devastated if they aren't interested. Disappointed maybe, but I'm honest and upfront so it doesn't have to be anything more than that. Hard as it may be to believe I understand that there are people in this world who are not attracted to me and that's (gasp) FINE. Likewise I don't understand why people have to make it personal. If I don't want to date you it doesn't mean I hate you. It's not you, and it's not me, it's not anyone. If something doesn't work, it just doesn't work, no blame need be placed. If you aren't interested, or you're seeing someone, or WHATEVER, I DON'T CARE. Just don't string me along. I just want to know so I can move on. Anything less than that is lying and then it will be you I blame. For not owning who you are and how you live your life.


To quote my favorite character in Stupid Kids: "People are weird."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home