Past Life Regression
So. Been ages since I posted. Though as I believe Topher is the only person who reads this and I see him pretty much every day I don't think he's fallen too far behind on my life.
The last three months have been nuts. Stupid Kids is amazing and closes this weekend, the critics loved it, the cast is amazing, and it's been great finally getting to work with Mike T after 7 years. Now I feel like when I see him out and about we'll actually talk rather than being passing acquaintances. Kelly S has more than lived up to her hype and is fabulous in every way. Ryan S breaks my heart in every performance. And Tessa T is so lovely and talented. Their understudies Nathan F and Kellie M are just as lovely and this whole production has been fun and so satisfying. Coffee will Make You Black has started it's production and opens on the 18th which is terrifying, I just finished the program today and with a cast this size that was daunting.

During this run I also achieved another milestone, I have lost 25 pounds since this time last year. Through simple diet and exercise. People don't really notice so I pulled some pics from facebook and I think the difference is clear and kinda jarring. I'm pretty damn proud of myself so I'm gonna go ahead and be happy about it. I also finally bought some weights and an exercise ball so I'm trying to build some muscle and tighten my stomach (as my belly seems to be the only part of me that didn't get the weightloss memo.)
I'm not sure what it is, the weight loss, being really happy creatively, or as is more likely a combination of both, but since joining Celebration I've gone a little (to steal a term from my aunts and the oh so brief trading card game in the late 90s) Boy Crazy. Now I don't mean anything has really changed in general, I'm still not going to sleep around and I haven't lowered my standards or expectations, but suddenly I find myself meeting talented attractive men who don't adhere to the LA aesthetic that I find so repellent. For the first time in, well, years, I find myself getting little crushes on boys who (gasp) might actually be right for me. For now I will continue to assume that anyone I'm attracted to is either straight, taken, or twelve shades of crazy, but the fact that I am feeling drawn to these guys is encouraging to me. I think it's a sign that I'm in a healthy place that I haven't been in in years. I don't think I have had such a steady chain of crushes since I was 14. Hence the title of this post.
V and I went to the Red Sox game at Dodger Stadium this weekend, it was nice and a lot of fun, though the Sox played appallingly and it was a shutout. The seats were good and it was a nice cool day. In other news Jason and I have been aggressively open housing in Los Feliz for the last month, just walking the neighborhood looking for open houses trying to find a property that Jason would want to own. We've seen a few great places and some that really are just appalling and at least one festeringly nasty and deeply unpleasant real estate agent from Sotheby's (I'm still thinking about writing a letter of complaint about her.) I'm torn about the whole thing because as much as I want to live in Los Feliz and get the hell out of Ktown, I will miss living with Vanessa, she has been a truly amazing roommate and we get along and live really, really well together. There is a big part of me that hates that she isn't coming with me.
I had another little breakthrough this weekend, I was at the theatre and feeling guilty because I have been at the theatre so much that my friend time has really been reduced. But then I realized, the reason my friends have been seeing so much of me for the last 4 years is because I haven't been doing anything else. I'm finally doing what I love and meeting people and really in a place where I feel active and like my life is more on track, so I got over the guilt. It's me time now.
The last three months have been nuts. Stupid Kids is amazing and closes this weekend, the critics loved it, the cast is amazing, and it's been great finally getting to work with Mike T after 7 years. Now I feel like when I see him out and about we'll actually talk rather than being passing acquaintances. Kelly S has more than lived up to her hype and is fabulous in every way. Ryan S breaks my heart in every performance. And Tessa T is so lovely and talented. Their understudies Nathan F and Kellie M are just as lovely and this whole production has been fun and so satisfying. Coffee will Make You Black has started it's production and opens on the 18th which is terrifying, I just finished the program today and with a cast this size that was daunting.

During this run I also achieved another milestone, I have lost 25 pounds since this time last year. Through simple diet and exercise. People don't really notice so I pulled some pics from facebook and I think the difference is clear and kinda jarring. I'm pretty damn proud of myself so I'm gonna go ahead and be happy about it. I also finally bought some weights and an exercise ball so I'm trying to build some muscle and tighten my stomach (as my belly seems to be the only part of me that didn't get the weightloss memo.)
I'm not sure what it is, the weight loss, being really happy creatively, or as is more likely a combination of both, but since joining Celebration I've gone a little (to steal a term from my aunts and the oh so brief trading card game in the late 90s) Boy Crazy. Now I don't mean anything has really changed in general, I'm still not going to sleep around and I haven't lowered my standards or expectations, but suddenly I find myself meeting talented attractive men who don't adhere to the LA aesthetic that I find so repellent. For the first time in, well, years, I find myself getting little crushes on boys who (gasp) might actually be right for me. For now I will continue to assume that anyone I'm attracted to is either straight, taken, or twelve shades of crazy, but the fact that I am feeling drawn to these guys is encouraging to me. I think it's a sign that I'm in a healthy place that I haven't been in in years. I don't think I have had such a steady chain of crushes since I was 14. Hence the title of this post.
V and I went to the Red Sox game at Dodger Stadium this weekend, it was nice and a lot of fun, though the Sox played appallingly and it was a shutout. The seats were good and it was a nice cool day. In other news Jason and I have been aggressively open housing in Los Feliz for the last month, just walking the neighborhood looking for open houses trying to find a property that Jason would want to own. We've seen a few great places and some that really are just appalling and at least one festeringly nasty and deeply unpleasant real estate agent from Sotheby's (I'm still thinking about writing a letter of complaint about her.) I'm torn about the whole thing because as much as I want to live in Los Feliz and get the hell out of Ktown, I will miss living with Vanessa, she has been a truly amazing roommate and we get along and live really, really well together. There is a big part of me that hates that she isn't coming with me.
I had another little breakthrough this weekend, I was at the theatre and feeling guilty because I have been at the theatre so much that my friend time has really been reduced. But then I realized, the reason my friends have been seeing so much of me for the last 4 years is because I haven't been doing anything else. I'm finally doing what I love and meeting people and really in a place where I feel active and like my life is more on track, so I got over the guilt. It's me time now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home