Friday, May 11, 2007

Saturn Awards

Due to the fact I have the best friends ever, who get me into stuff like advanced screenings, shoots, and other fun things, I got to go to the Saturn Awards last night. Jason invited me because he knows I'm a raging geek and I had fun last year. It was a good night, there were drinks before hand then dinner and the awards.

The show lasts forever. It's really, really, really long. That's ok though because it starts with an open bar and they keep your wineglass filled during dinner. For those who don't know, which is probably most people, the Saturn Awards are the awards given by the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror. Basically the Geek Oscars.

For the most part the good guys won when they should, Superman Returns won for Best movie, Screenplay, Director, Actor (Brandon Routh,) and Score, beating out the awful Pirates 2 (Pirates deservedly won for best special effects.) Heroes won several awards for Best TV Show, and Supporting Actor (Hiro) and Actress (Claire.)

It was a good time. And the gift bags at the end were better than last year as well, loaded with stuff. Tons of horror movies, I also got The Adams Family Season 2, Mothra vs Godzilla, (which I'm kind of excited about) and Richard Donnner's cut of Superman 2, which I of course already have so I'm gonna have to replace that with something...There were comics and books and I am very pleased there was also an Optimus Prime from the upcoming Transformers movie, looking much more complicated than the Transformers I remember from the 80's.

It was a good time, but my friends are awesome so that was never really in doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home