this sh*t is bananaz
Right, so here are the two things pissing me off right now. First and foremost there is a little reorganization happening at work. In my office. Specifically, my desk. There's a large filing cabinet being moved into our little office. This, in theory requires that my desk move. In fact it doesn't.
Not moving my desk does mean that I would have less movement options when seated due to the reduced space behind me. However, moving my desk in the way the CEO chose means my desk faces the corner, I work sitting in the open, middle of the office, and I have no specified workspace. I am not in favor of this and my direct boss who is in our office on the other side of the country this week requested that this not happen until he got back. The CEO apparently didn't care, actually saying that it wasn't his (my direct supervisor's) office, as in his personal office. I thought this spoke volumes about how he thought about us.
So, my desk got shifted and he got to be pleased with himself. He came into the office after everything was in place and gushed about how much more open it was. Then he turned to me and asked what I thought. I replied somewhat honestly, telling him that I was uncomfortable with my back to the middle of the room, restraining myself from saying the whole truth, that I hated it. He gave me a look that conveyed both that he was annoyed I wasn't overjoyed with the new look and that he didn't care either way.
This all bugs me because he doesn't need to be in our office. It isn't like we have meetings there, clients never see it, it should be suited to my boss and I. The two people who actually work in the room. I was rip shit. On top of all that, I'm probably going to have to waste time moving shit around again because they (the 2 top people at the company) can't make up their minds about how they want stuff, so I've had to waste huge amounts of time moving furniture in the past because they don't plan, they just DO and then when that doesn't work perfectly they have yet another knee jerk reaction involving moving rooms worth of furniture around even more. It's fucking annoying as shit. Grrr.
And I am also pissed about GLAAD.
The Snickers commercial from the Superbowl is not that offensive. In fact it would not have been an issue if HRC and GLAAD hadn't made it one. It's a fairly stupid commercial, and not all that funny, but not worthy of the attention they have lavished on it. I was so pissed about the energy the gay rights groups were wasting on it that I went out and bought a snickers bar this afternoon to counter it. I think that GLAAD is making the entire gay community look ridiculous by pursuing this. The Grey's anatomy thing, WORTH THEIR TIME. The word faggot used in a hateful way on a national stage. Yes, jump on that. Two guys with mouthfuls of Snickers kissing? NOT WORTH ATTENTION. It's funny and ridiculous and kinda gross, but vastly more representational of the absurd machismo demonstrated by straight men than of an endorsement of violence or self mutilation towards gays and lesbians. It's a commentary on how silly men can be when trying to maintain masculinity, nothing else. Jesus, give it a rest. Pick your battles. Fighting this doesn't send a message, it makes me embarrassed to be part of the whiny bitchy gay community that can't take a joke.
And with that I am off to bed.
If you want to see the Commercial in question, check it out on Youtube or Commercial Closet.
com
Not moving my desk does mean that I would have less movement options when seated due to the reduced space behind me. However, moving my desk in the way the CEO chose means my desk faces the corner, I work sitting in the open, middle of the office, and I have no specified workspace. I am not in favor of this and my direct boss who is in our office on the other side of the country this week requested that this not happen until he got back. The CEO apparently didn't care, actually saying that it wasn't his (my direct supervisor's) office, as in his personal office. I thought this spoke volumes about how he thought about us.
So, my desk got shifted and he got to be pleased with himself. He came into the office after everything was in place and gushed about how much more open it was. Then he turned to me and asked what I thought. I replied somewhat honestly, telling him that I was uncomfortable with my back to the middle of the room, restraining myself from saying the whole truth, that I hated it. He gave me a look that conveyed both that he was annoyed I wasn't overjoyed with the new look and that he didn't care either way.
This all bugs me because he doesn't need to be in our office. It isn't like we have meetings there, clients never see it, it should be suited to my boss and I. The two people who actually work in the room. I was rip shit. On top of all that, I'm probably going to have to waste time moving shit around again because they (the 2 top people at the company) can't make up their minds about how they want stuff, so I've had to waste huge amounts of time moving furniture in the past because they don't plan, they just DO and then when that doesn't work perfectly they have yet another knee jerk reaction involving moving rooms worth of furniture around even more. It's fucking annoying as shit. Grrr.
And I am also pissed about GLAAD.
The Snickers commercial from the Superbowl is not that offensive. In fact it would not have been an issue if HRC and GLAAD hadn't made it one. It's a fairly stupid commercial, and not all that funny, but not worthy of the attention they have lavished on it. I was so pissed about the energy the gay rights groups were wasting on it that I went out and bought a snickers bar this afternoon to counter it. I think that GLAAD is making the entire gay community look ridiculous by pursuing this. The Grey's anatomy thing, WORTH THEIR TIME. The word faggot used in a hateful way on a national stage. Yes, jump on that. Two guys with mouthfuls of Snickers kissing? NOT WORTH ATTENTION. It's funny and ridiculous and kinda gross, but vastly more representational of the absurd machismo demonstrated by straight men than of an endorsement of violence or self mutilation towards gays and lesbians. It's a commentary on how silly men can be when trying to maintain masculinity, nothing else. Jesus, give it a rest. Pick your battles. Fighting this doesn't send a message, it makes me embarrassed to be part of the whiny bitchy gay community that can't take a joke.
And with that I am off to bed.
If you want to see the Commercial in question, check it out on Youtube or Commercial Closet.
com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home