I can't argue with the blue skies...
"I'll drink deep from the basin of the angels
I won't weep for the place I left behind
And I can't argue with the blue sky
but I don't wanna die in LA..." -The Animators, Die in LA
This is pretty much how I feel about LA, courtesy of my favorite band. Needless to say I am back in the city of angels, and this time around the reintegrating hasn't been quite as jarringly painful, it's been very subtle in most ways. My time home was great. I spent pretty much the whole time with Beth, and considering that we really only snapped at each other once or twice it was a great time. The show was a lot of fun, Treasure Island, I played a boat. Yes, a boat. Beth (who as the Wicked Witch in the show had a gorgeous fitted dress that everyone in the cast was jealous of) made this amazing Boat hat that made me roughly 9 feet tall with the masts and made my head about three feet long front to back. It was interesting. AND I spent the entire show sitting in the audience, so I had to be in character for two hours straight.
New Years was a great success, I went into the city to meet up with a boy I've liked for a very long time, who was completely oblivious to my feelings. (To my credit, the first night I met him I asked a friend if he was gay and she told me no, or at least that he didn't know it yet.) We went to Club Cafe and Machine. Certain circumstances led to me telling him how I felt...and that I had been maneuvering myself into a New Years kiss for some time. Needless to say I had a perfect New Years kiss. It's frustrating, because normally when I have a crush on someone I fill in all these little details and make it impossible for the real person to match the expectations...and he wound up being better.
Which is very, very annoying.
And this wonderful break featuring my family, creative outlets, and a great guy, has made this shift back to LA particularly difficult. It's been a very WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE???? moment in my life. I am realizing more and more that I really don't know about being here. I'm not gonna leave before next January, and probably not before January 09 but it really depends on this year. I have an opportunity to get into SAG, which is a big deal, and will seriously affect my career...but I still don't know if film and TV are what I want. I LOVE THEATRE, and people here don't give a shit about it. urgh. I need to go, V is cooking a beautiful meal and Julie is here, I'm being anti social. But that's my vaca in a nutshell.
I won't weep for the place I left behind
And I can't argue with the blue sky
but I don't wanna die in LA..." -The Animators, Die in LA
This is pretty much how I feel about LA, courtesy of my favorite band. Needless to say I am back in the city of angels, and this time around the reintegrating hasn't been quite as jarringly painful, it's been very subtle in most ways. My time home was great. I spent pretty much the whole time with Beth, and considering that we really only snapped at each other once or twice it was a great time. The show was a lot of fun, Treasure Island, I played a boat. Yes, a boat. Beth (who as the Wicked Witch in the show had a gorgeous fitted dress that everyone in the cast was jealous of) made this amazing Boat hat that made me roughly 9 feet tall with the masts and made my head about three feet long front to back. It was interesting. AND I spent the entire show sitting in the audience, so I had to be in character for two hours straight.
New Years was a great success, I went into the city to meet up with a boy I've liked for a very long time, who was completely oblivious to my feelings. (To my credit, the first night I met him I asked a friend if he was gay and she told me no, or at least that he didn't know it yet.) We went to Club Cafe and Machine. Certain circumstances led to me telling him how I felt...and that I had been maneuvering myself into a New Years kiss for some time. Needless to say I had a perfect New Years kiss. It's frustrating, because normally when I have a crush on someone I fill in all these little details and make it impossible for the real person to match the expectations...and he wound up being better.
Which is very, very annoying.
And this wonderful break featuring my family, creative outlets, and a great guy, has made this shift back to LA particularly difficult. It's been a very WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE???? moment in my life. I am realizing more and more that I really don't know about being here. I'm not gonna leave before next January, and probably not before January 09 but it really depends on this year. I have an opportunity to get into SAG, which is a big deal, and will seriously affect my career...but I still don't know if film and TV are what I want. I LOVE THEATRE, and people here don't give a shit about it. urgh. I need to go, V is cooking a beautiful meal and Julie is here, I'm being anti social. But that's my vaca in a nutshell.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home