Sunday, June 26, 2005

What is this feeling...?

Just got back from Wicked. I went into it with ridiculously high expectations. I don't usually do that because I don't think it's right to go to anything with insanely high impossible expectations because it will never live up to them. That said, it was BETTER. It was so amazing. I can't even begin to articulate the experience. It was everything amazing theatre should be. I left feeling energized and engaged. I could talk about it for days. Let's just say that what I'm feeling could be described as an artistic post-coital glow. I want to wrap myself up in it and disappear.

Anyway. So I know I said I wasn't going to put anything heavy in here, but apparently I lied. I have a huge dilemma. In two months, September, Growing Generations will be looking to hire a new full time person, at that time, my part time work will be over. The question is, do I take the full time with all it's wonderful insurance and stability, or do the terrifying thing and not take it. When I think about it I want to cry. I need to call Margaret and discuss with her. So that's my big stuff. I will be buying a leopard gecko very soon, there is a reptile expo in July at which there will be many to choose from. So till then I guess I will have an empty tank waiting for a friend.

I need an emotional cigarrette.

"So if you care to find me
Look to the Western sky!
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who ground me
Take a message back from me!
Tell them how I am defying gravity

I'm flying high, defying gravity
And soon I'll match them in renown
And nobody in all of Oz
No Wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home