Friday, May 20, 2005

Mary K says...

I was just talking to Mary and was discussing the fact that I've realized I'm an adult looking for a mature relationship. When did that happen? When I say that, I don't mean I'm looking for a relationship, just that I want to date, or meet guys that are actually dateable. I may not be fair to the West Hollywood crowd, but overwhelmingly it's not a group of guys that I would look to for a meaningful relationship. I mean come on, I came out eight years ago, most of these guys just came out recently and are all still dealing with the fact that they can be gay. They're making up for lost time, sleeping with tons of guys and acting like snippy thirteen year old girls. I am fully aware that this is not infact what all gay men in LA are like, and to lump them all into this group is unfair. But I don't know how to meet the right guys.

For instance, I know I want kids. Period. So many people when I tell them that are like, "um it's a little early to be thinking about that isn't it?" No I don't think so. I don't want them NOW but I want them eventually and most (almost all) of the guys I have dated don't want kids and react with differing levels of revultion. This is a clear sign that we don't work together, there is a fundamental conflict in our personalities. We have different goals and wants in life. In all honesty, I want a guy that I can play Halo with and them make out. I want a buddy that I also find completely hot and am comfortable with. I personally don't want a queeny or overly effeminate guy. I love those guys to death and they are great friends, but I wouldn't want to date them. I can queen out somethimes, let's be honest I do drag on halloween, but in everyday life I tend to be a pretty regular guy. I guess that's it, regular guys, the ones I'm attracted to, are not really to be found in the WeHo bars. You see charicatures of them all the time, huge gay muscle men dressed in Abercrombie with their hats backwards like a fratboy from some porn movie. Um hi, I am a frat boy, and you're not even close.

Regular guys have body hair, have a little extra around the middle, and don't necessarily adhere to the idea that beauty comes at the cost of comfort. All of these ideas of course are foreign to the folks at The Abbey. You can keep your Prada, your FCUK, and your mountains of hair product. I'll take a guy in pajama pants and a sweatshirt with severe bedhead anyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home