Thursday, May 19, 2005

"Sith Happens" Cute Tagline

I just got back from seeing the 9:30am showing of Star wars, Revenge of the Sith. Yes, as Jay has pointed out, I am a huge dork. The funny thing is, I actually don't particularly care about star wars in any of it's incarnations. In fact I found the previous two new ones to be an affront to moviemaking as a whole. A horny fourteen year old could have done a better job. And still in this one the "love" scenes were never more than badly written, trite, and embarassingly bad. The talent he had in these films was wasted utterly. There were some funny moments though, with Amidala going from barely showing to giving birth to imposibly gargantuan twins in a matter of days. George Lucas should have allowed a bit more input from people who can actually write and direct. That said, the movie was pretty awesome. The visual effects and action sequences were impressive and it tied up nicely all the little strings needed to flow into the original movies.

Anyway, I took Beth and she enjoyed it so you know it was an ok movie, considering she hasn't seen any of the others, and isn't a particularly huge sci fi fan. We're heading to Maine this afternoon for the evening, that should be fun. Mom's already up there at some conference, so we're meeting her and going shopping. WOOT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home