Saturday, January 28, 2006

Faces

You can tell a lot by someone's face. Usually in that first moment of seeing them, whether it's stranger or an old friend, you can read what they're thinking for a few seconds before the walls go up and conversation starts. Sometimes it's great, that look that people get when they haven't seen you for a long time and are genuinely happy you're there. And other times it's a look you get when you show up somewhere and feel instantly unwelcome. It sucks when you get that from people you consider friends, because for me it usually signals the end of the friendship. Try as I might, I never see it coming.

Last night Sean H and I went to Fiesta and caught up. It was great, I haven't seen him in ages. We covered all the developements in his life including the boyfriend. I never let him live down the fact that I asked him if he liked boys or girls within the first 10 minutes of meeting him and he quietly resoponded, "girls." Well he's very happy with his adorable boyfriend and I'm really pleased we're still friends. Sean and I also ventured down to Hadley's birthday celebration...I can never tell what to call it when a bunch of people just converge on a bar, I mean that's how most of us celebrate it now because we don't live in places (Topher excluded) where we can have great parties for our birthdays.

I wasn't technically invited...and only heard about it after Sean and I had plans to hit Fiesta but I figured there would be people I haven't seen in a while and I should stop by and wish Hadley a happy birthday and visit, since I would be right around the corner already. So we did that. It was on La Cienega at The Belmont, and we got there to find that most of the party had moved on to another bar down on third street, so Steve, Taylor, Sean, and I walked to the next bar. We met up with everyone and Sean and I basically continued catching up after I said my happy birthday to Had. We hung out for a bit and then the four of us walked back up to the Belmont to get Steve's car and then Taylor, Steve's designated driver, was going to bring me and Sean, my designated driver, (look how responsible we are) back to Sean's car off Santa Monica. Steve was a bit intoxicated, I wound up attaching myself to him to prevent him from wandering into the street. And when we got back there was a brief moment of drama because the Valet had closed and we couldn't get the keys, Fortunately they somehow got them and managed to not have to pay for valet, so it all worked out.

It was a really good night, I loved seeing Sean again, and Taylor, Steve, Sean, and I had a great time all on our own. I finally saw Leslie Raymond and Ben was there too. They, and Mary K, were at the Belmont when I got there but sadly I lost them in the crush of people at the second bar and didn't get a chance to chat with them. Que sera sera.

A good start to the weekend. Now I must go dismantle Christmas so V doesn't beat me to death with my little fake tree. Then off to West Hollywood with Topher, and tonight probably hanging out with Jon. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home